SUPREME COURT OF TASMANIA
No. 2 of 2008 25 February 2008
The following Practice Direction is published by direction of the Chief Justice, the Honourable Justice Underwood AO, to take effect from 1 March 2008.
Change of the title of Master to Associate Judge
- The Supreme Court Amendment Act 2007 is to commence on 1 March 2008. The Act renames the office of Master of the Supreme Court to Associate Judge.
- The current incumbent is to be formally known as and referred to as The Honourable Associate Justice Holt.
- In Court the appropriate form of address of and reference to him is Your Honour and His Honour.
- In judgments and similar writings the appropriate abbreviation is Holt AsJ.
- On social occasions he is to be addressed as Judge.