Supreme Court of Tasmania
CIRCULAR TO PRACTITIONERS
No. 7 of 2011
23 March 2011
AMENDMENTS TO PROBATE RULES
Probate Amendment Rules 2011 (SR 16/2011)
Amendments to the Probate Rules 1936 rules will come into effect on 13 April 2011. The amendments relate to non-contentious probate work and:
- Update the terminology in the Rules to make it consistent with the Legal Profession Act 2007
- Increase the fees as shown on the attached table
- Reinstate the fee payable for filing an election to administer
- Rescind Rules 95 to 101 which will remove the ad valorem scale for professional costs for preparing documents for grant of probate or letters of administration. These amendments apply only to probate work undertaken in respect of a person who dies after the commencement of the amendments. The costs for this non-contentious probate work will be governed by the Legal Profession Act 2007 and the Rules of Practice.
- Make a minor amendment to the new Form XXII Administrator’s Oath.
Enclosure: Probate Fees